Applying Industry 4.0 to the Jurong Island Eco-industrial Park
- Industry 4.0 technologies are implemented to eco-industrial park (EIP) of Jurong Island in Singapore.
- A framework is built for modeling Jurong Island EIP.
- An expert system is proposed to use of the latest advances in high performance computing (HPC), advanced mathematical modelling, and semantic web technologies.
This paper presents new insights into the implementation of Industry 4.0 technologies (novel mathematical and computer-based methods) for designing and optimising the eco-industrial park (EIP) of Jurong Island in Singapore. The concept of Industry 4.0 translation to an EIP is introduced, which delivers an expert system allowing users to monitor, control, and optimise the social, economic and environmental repercussions of the industrial activities on Jurong Island. This expert system is a cyber-infrastructure making use of the latest advances in high performance computing (HPC), advanced mathematical modelling, and semantic web technologies. The proposed work addresses end-user driven demands by harnessing HPC resources and advanced data analytics to enable intelligent design, operation, and management of all entities on Jurong Island. The outcome of the work can serve stakeholders from both the private and public sectors.
- This paper draws from the preprint: Applying Industry 4.0 to the Jurong Island Eco-industrial Park.
- Access the article at the publisher: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2015.07.313
Keywords: cyber-infrastructure, Eco-industrial park, mathematical modelling, model, modelling, semantic web technologies,
Associated Project: Numerics